Friday, February 18, 2011

Staying Well

Staying Well

Keeping Well

There are health laws, that if followed, could keep us healthy and free from many diseases. When I get sick, I can review these laws and see if I am in violation of any of these laws.  Then I can pinpoint my reason for being sick. I then correct my error.  I ask myself these "Do I" questions when I get sick:


Nutrition:  Do I get proper nutrition?  Does my diet consist largely of a plant based diet full of fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables?  Check out this link:

http://www.fullplatediet.org/fiber-calculator/  

Exercise:  Do I exercise enough?  Do I walk, walk, walk?  Instead of seeing how close I can park to a store, park father away so you are forced to walk.  In the "olden days" walking was the main mode of transportation.  Today we have to invent ways to exercise.  Plan your weeks exercise routine and then work the plan.  Get a Fitbit.  It's a great walk motivator!

Water:  Do I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day?  If you find that you are not thirsty, once you start drinking adequately your body will crave water.  Your urine ought not to be a dark yellow.  Keep it clear.  Dark urine is an indication that your are not drinking proper amounts of water.  Check out this site for benefits of drinking adequate amounts of water:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Benefits_of_Drinking_Plenty_of_Water

Sunshine: Do I get adequate sunshine?  In the winter if you live in the valley and the clouds are getting to you, take a drive to the foothills where the sun is shinning.  It is amazing how a little bit of sunshine will brighten your day.  If you live in Michigan, you might want to take a trip to Florida and soak up some of the Florida sunshine.

Temperance:  Do I exercise temperance in all things?  "What is temperance?" one might ask. "Temperance is generally defined by control over excess, so that it has many such classes, such as abstinence, chastity, modesty, humility, prudence, self-regulation, and forgiveness and mercy; each of these involves restraining some impulse, such as sexual desire, vanity, or anger." {Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperance_%28virtue%29

Air:  Do I get enough fresh air into my lungs each day?  Open your windows at night, even in the winter.  You will sleep better in a cooler room and the fresh air will bring its rewards.  Also, if possible, open your windows during the day and get a good air exchange in your house or visit the great outdoors and breath in the fresh invigorating air. 

Rest:  Do I go to bed at a decent hour and sleep adequately?  Check out the 7 Tips to Healthy Sleeping Habits: 

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/articles-submit/gobala-krishnan/7-sleeping-tips.htm

Trust in Divine Power:  Do I spend time each day with my God in praying,  reading the Bible and allowing Him to speak to my heart? Spending time with Him is the most important health law of all. "He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." Isaiah 40:29  


If I find that I have failed in any one of these health laws, I set myself up for sickness.  These are God's natural way of keeping us healthy.


Check out these sites:  

http://www.newstart.com/newstart/what-is-newstart/

http://www.positivechoices.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment