Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not a Sparrow Falls

On my way to work this morning I saw a little bird sitting in the middle of the road.  It appeared to be alive and was probably just dazed.  After a moment of thought I turned my car around and started back to where I had seen the bird; I intended to move it off the road to a safe place.  There was no traffic and I had a pretty good chance of saving the poor thing.  I pulled up to where the bird was on the opposite side of the road.  The sweet little bird was looking at me with its tiny dark eyes.  To my horror a big truck came whizzing by and snuffed out the life of that little bird.  My heart sank as I saw the twisted, mangled form of God's creature dead on the road. Its short life was terminated.

As I journeyed on my way to work I was sick at heart. I tried my hardest not to think of what I had just witnessed.  But alas tears welled up in my eyes and my thoughts turned to God and what He must feel as He beholds thousands of scenes like this each and every moment of the day.  He not only witnessed this little birds death on the road but even more so He sees and sympathizes with every human agony and sorrow.  His creation is being destroyed by the hater of man-kind, Satan.  He is a killer and the hater of everything that God has created and made.  He wants nothing more than to mangle and twist every God given life on this earth. 

A little bird lost its life today on my way to work.  His body is now decomposing on the road and only a memory in my heart lingers now.  Not another soul would ever know that it once lived and sang sweet songs.  But God does.  He notices each sparrow that falls; He notices you and me even more so. 


"....Not a sparrow, He said, falls to the ground without the notice of our heavenly Father. And if the little sparrow is regarded by Him, surely the souls of those for whom Christ has died are precious in His sight. The value of man, the estimate God places upon him, is revealed in the cross of Calvary. 'God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'...." {ST, November 17, 1898}

No comments:

Post a Comment